<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Benkenobi

The Adventures of Bubu!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kay El

How would I describe myself? Outgoing, friendly and I love to meet up with friends...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Weighty Issue...

NO! It isnt about some major crisis I'm goin thru neither is it an emotioninal abyss in my life. What I'm trying to get at is the "f" word... Yeah "FAT"! That was the word I was looking for... what were you thinking?...

We, as asians always tend to beat around the bush and say hey are you putting on some weight? Instead of saying it downright, I think you need to watch what you are eating and get some exercice...

Often times when we are sick, we would give advice as to see the doctor or to take some medication. Is being FAT a sickness? Have you ever asked that question? Have you ever wondered about the underlying implications of being FAT?

No puns intended, but let me give you some background as to how I got to this. I had always been FAT as a kid, and being one of the fattest isnt a good thing, being teased and stuff is one thing, but... there is another fact. When I was 13, I tot of giving hockey a try. Well like any teenager crossing over to secondary school you want to do better and excel in every area, even sports. Plus the fact that my school was in Sentul, with the indian community being the majority, hockey was the" in thing" for sports.

So it was the beginning of the year, a Saturday as I could remember it, equipped with my dad's hockey stick and shin guard, off I went to school. As usual, mom would drop me off in school. Some were early so we started to chat for a while. Then the teacher came.. Wow! Great, now some action.. We did some warm-up and streches and after about 10- 15 min we were all ready. The coach gave some instructions and started forming 2 teams.. One by one as the names were called out, the 2 teams started to materialize till the full number of 2 teams were selected.. There were a few remainder, but we were told that we can switch when some got tired. I waited and I waited and I waited but never got to play.. There were switches but I never got the chance to even be on the field...Goin back home, down trodden, maybe I can give it a try again next week. Guess what a part of me got some action, my hockey stick.. The coach asked if another guy could use the stick I had.. You just didn't know what that did to me, I was so heart broken.. Crushed...

Well that was then, later on got into cycling, managed to get into shape lost lots of weight. Also did some running. Guess what managed to even win some medals in the 1500m running in school. Joined the KL junior cycling team. Entered races... My point is to be fit is not just about beauty but the many other stuff you get to enjoy in life. You feel more confident and you dont fall sick often. You climb a flight of stairs and don't feel like you're gonna have a heart attack when you're physically fit.. Sometimes slim people can be physically unfit, don't get me wrong, so it works both ways.. People need to have a healthy lifestyle like last sunday's sermon.. God is our healer, but if we don't do anything about it we will never have health.. Eating the right things, getting some exercice are what I beleive wisdom from God..

So stay healthy, eat right and have a great workout, why not try swimming, cycling or running! :))


Archives

Links

Reads

Powered by Blogger